Shaklee 4 Healthy Living
Five Day Reset Challenge – Detox Program
Detox means detoxification. Detoxification means cleansing the body. Toxins are everywhere. We breath them into our lungs with pollution, we drink them and absorb them into our skin and then we eat them! It is true that modern civilization has contributed to an increase in the toxic load we humans face, but internal and external toxins have been around for a long time.
Internal toxins are formed with natural processes of breathing, digestion and just living. When we eat, we produce waste products naturally. Gut bacteria digest the food we eat and many of them create toxins/byproducts that must be eliminated. The good gut bacteria are home to the body's powerful immune system which is why it is critical to keep your gut healthy.
A Detox program can purge these toxins from your body. A periodic regime, based on need and environment, can be an important factor in maintaining your vibrant health. The Shaklee family of products have a fantastic family of products that will aid in your periodic detox as well as maintaining your health.
This program will make an assumption that you are reasonably healthy and want to purge some of the built up toxins in your body; accumulated over time. The more healthy your lifestyle, the less you will need an intense detoxification. A series of detoxifications can aid greatly in promoting your overall health and is a wonderful foundation to begin a healthier lifestyle. If you are sick or have a serious illness, a different detoxification process may be called for. Contact us for additional information.
Five Day Detox - Daily Regime
Wake Up – Each Morning
The first thing each morning, it is important to re-hydrate your body. Proper hydration provides the vehicle to eliminate toxins from your body. Overnight, you loose water by breathing and sweating. Replenishing this lost fluid is critical to health and energy!
- 16 Ounces of Water - a nice Shaklee 180 Energizing Tea is excellent and can be made in advance.
- 1 Teaspoon of lemon juice – Lemon is a great way to help alkalize your body. An alkaline body seldom gets sick. (Check your alkaline level with a PH test strip available from health food stores.)
- 1 teaspoon or 2 liquigel capsules of Shaklee Vivix – Help repair cell damage to telomeres and slow cell aging.
Many people suggest juicing as a great way to get nutrients but that eliminates the fiber that you need to help eliminate toxins and waste. Juicing can be an excellent way to combat more serious disease issues and can be addressed separately.
In your blender or VitaMix: (add more and put in glass jug in the fridge for tomorrow).
- Two heaping handfuls of fresh spinach leaves or any mixed leafy greens you have on hand.
- ½ Cup frozen blueberries (freezing blueberries actually enhances their anti-oxidant properties).
- ½ Cup fresh or frozen pineapple.
- 1 banana.
- 1 peeled fresh lemon (or juice)
- 8 - 10 OZ water.
- 5 Shaklee Alfalfa Complex Tablets (add in blender or take separately)
- 1 Shaklee DTX Complex (Liver Detox)
Mid Morning Snack
Sometimes a smoothie, even with all that filling fiber doesn't keep you going. A Shaklee 180 Snack Bar
is just the ticket to hold you over until lunch on those days when you need that mid-morning pick-me-up.
Lunch – Shake & Salad
You can bring a nice salad or order one from most restaurants. Eat a big salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, and other veggies with a light vinaigrette or lemon dressing.
The fiber in the salad and shake will keep you feeling full for hours and will help boost your energy without that bloated feeling you often get with a Standard American lunch.
Try a different Shaklee 180 Snack Bar
and a banana, apple or orange for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up. It will help energize you and the fiber will keep your tummy full until you have dinner!
Dinner should be a lighter meal. While traditionally, Americans feast at dinner, your body doesn't have time to fully digest a heavy calorie/fat/protein ladened meal. During this short detox period, try a lighter fare.
Eat a big, monster salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, veggies. Add some nuts and seeds for crunch and omega-3. Take your Shaklee Life Strip
with your meal.
- Two big handfuls of mixed greens.
- 2 oz. pumpkin seeds
- 2 oz. walnuts
- Several cut up radishes, tomato and try some zucchini cut up for additional bulk.
- You can really add any fresh vegetable.
- Add some olives of your choice.
- Add a light vinaigrette, lemon juice or a bit of extra virgin olive oil and flavored balsamic vinegar to taste!
We all know this is a no-no but heck, we all like a munchies while watching an evening movie or favorite TV show. Try some Hummus & Chips. Many folks have never tried hummus. It comes in a variety of flavors but is basically chickpeas/garbanzo beans; super high in protein and fiber and delicious. Get some nice roasted corn chips (non-GMO) and enjoy a handful of chips and a ½ cup of hummus. (available from BJ's, Costco and your local grocery). I add extra chopped garlic!
Don't forget to brush your teeth!
***** Cautionary Note - Stock up on Toilet Tissue - This is a Detox Elimination Regime! *****